The Big Fresno Fair is a showcase of the “best” in Fresno County, whether it is livestock, art, quilts or pies. The Community Champion Award Program allows the Fair to recognize the “best people” in Fresno County too! These awards formally recognize individuals who have demonstrated an extraordinary passion for the betterment of Fresno County and dedication to improving the quality of life here. Two awards will be given out per year.
CRITERIA FOR INDUCTION
- Individuals will be nominated by the community; nominations must be submitted in writing to The Big Fresno Fair’s Board of Directors by August 15 of each year. The nominations can be emailed to email@example.com, mailed to 1121 S. Chance Avenue, Fresno, CA 93702, or faxed to (559) 650-3226.
- All nominations will be reviewed by the Board of Directors and nominations will be voted on in open session as a regular agenda item; all ballots cast shall be closed.
- Each year, up to two Community Champion Awards may be given out.
RECOMMENDATIONS & QUESTIONS
- Community Champions Award winners will be recognized during the annual Opening Ceremonies event, at which time they will receive an award plaque in congratulations of their great contributions to Fresno County.
- Community Champions Award recipients’ names will be displayed on a high traffic wall of recognition for public viewing.
- The Big Fresno Fair web page will showcase award winners on an annual basis.
Q. Are there criteria that each nomination has to meet?
- Yes. That they have demonstrated significant contributions to Fresno County and its communities.
Q. Is there a limit to how many individuals one person/organization can nominate?
- No. Individuals or organizations should be allowed to nominate as many people as they wish. Nominees that are not selected to receive a Big Fresno Fair Community Champions Award will automatically be re-submitted for the following year. Nominations will not be accepted from current Board of Directors to avoid any perception of a conflict of interest. Past Board Members, staff and the general public nominations will be eligible.
Q. Where will the “display” for the Community Champions Award recipients be located?
- There will be a special display in the Fresno County Sesquicentennial Park to recognize these award winners.
Q. Will there be a formal ceremony each year to announce inductees?
- Community Champion Award winners will be announced during the Opening Ceremonies each year and presented with a plaque.
To nominate an individual to receive a Big Fresno Fair Community Champion Award, please fill out this form by August 15
If you prefer to fill out a hard copy of this form, you can print one here
Mail it to: Attn: Board of Directors, The Big Fresno Fair, 1121 S. Chance Ave., Fresno, CA 93702
Fax it to: (559) 650- 3226, Attn: Board of Directors OR
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All nominations will be reviewed by The Big Fresno Fair Board of Directors and voted on in an open session meeting. Community Champion Award recipients will be formally announced at the Fair’s Opening Ceremonies in October.
The Big Fresno Fair Community Champions Awards are designed to honor individuals who have significantly contributed to the betterment of Fresno County communities.
The narrative below should be no more than 500 words and address why this individual should receive the Fair’s Community Champion Award. If they are selected, this information will be used for the Opening Ceremonies Program, talking points and media communication.