As an employer and major event facility, the Fresno Fairgrounds is prudently monitoring and reviewing information related to flu season and COVID-19. We are in constant communications with our local and state government entities and health officials during this rapidly changing COVID-19 environment. The health and safety of our Fair staff and community is of the utmost importance. We want to be sure to keep each one of you informed as we continue to evolve plans during this unprecedented time.
- As of March 17, 2020, the Fresno Fairgrounds has postponed all events until May 10. We are working with our rental clients who are affected by this to reschedule their events until later in the year, if possible.
- As of March 15, 2020, both of the Fair’s satellite wagering facilities – The Starting Gate at the Fairgrounds and the Polo Lounge at Club One Casino – have been temporarily closed.
- Ani-Me Con |March 21-23 (Postponed until July 11-12)
- Sports Car Club of America – Autocross | March 28-29 (Cancelled)
- Central Coast Professional Gun Show | March 28-29 (Cancelled)
- Kerman Kart Club – GoKart Racing | April 4-5 (Cancelled)
- Derby Downs Kentucky Derby Party | May 2 (Cancelled)
RECOMMENDED ACTIONS TO HELP “FLATTEN THE CURVE” OF THIS VIRUS:
- Washing hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover a cough or sneeze with your sleeve, or disposable tissue. Wash your hands afterward.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Staying away from work, school or other people if you become sick with respiratory symptoms like fever and cough.
- Avoid gatherings of 10 or more people.
- Practice social distancing of at least 6 ft.
- Self-quarantine for those 65+ or with health complications that put them at greater risk.
As we continue to navigate this unprecedented time for our community and country, please know you can email us with concerns or questions at email@example.com and we will respond as soon as possible.
At a time like this it is important that we come together (figuratively) and adhere to the recommended preventative measures to protect ourselves and one another. Let’s do our part to help flatten the curve and put this virus behind us. Stay safe out there and we hope to see you in person soon!
Big Fresno Fair Management
John C. Alkire, CEO
Stacy Rianda, Deputy Manager II
Lauri King, Deputy Manager II
Taylor Childers, Special Events Coordinator