To formally recognize individuals who, over an extended period of time, have demonstrated an extraordinary passion for the betterment of the 21st District Agricultural Association (dba “The Big Fresno Fair”)CRITERIA FOR INDUCTION
- Individuals will be nominated by the community; nominations must be submitted to The Big Fresno Fair’s Board of Directors by August 15 of each year. The nominations can be submitted online, emailed to email@example.com, mailed to 1121 S. Chance Avenue, Fresno, CA 93702, or faxed to (559) 650-3226.
- All nominations will be reviewed by the Board of Directors and nominations will be voted on in open session as a regular agenda item and all ballots cast shall be closed.
- A maximum of only (5) five inductees will be inducted into the Hall of Fame annually with no exceptions. Less than (5) five honorees may be selected for the Hall of Fame, depending on the year.
RECOMMENDATIONS & QUESTIONS
- Hall of Fame inductees will be recognized at the Opening Ceremonies in October.
- Hall of Fame inductees’ names will be displayed on a high traffic wall of recognition for
- public viewing.
- A special Hall of Fame stakes race will be provided at the Annual Fair’s Race Meet in honor of the new inductees.
- The Big Fresno Fair web page will showcase inductees on an annual basis.
Q. Are there criteria that each nomination has to meet?
- No, there are not specific criteria that each nomination has to meet. Only that they were/are a significant contributor/supporter of The Big Fresno Fair.
- Current Board of Directors and staff are ineligible for nominations.
Q. Is there a limit to how many individuals one person/organization can nominate?
- No. Individuals or organizations should be allowed to nominate as many people as they wish. Nominees that are not selected into The Big Fresno Fair Hall of Fame will be automatically nominated for the following year and will be considered for no more than (1) one consecutive year.
- Nominations will not be accepted from current Board of Directors to avoid any perception of a conflict of interest. Past Board Members, staff and the general public are eligible to submit nominations.
Q. Where will the “wall” for the Hall of Fame be located?
- Annual plaques will be put on the outside of the water structure, located on the southeast side of the Pavilion walkway.
Q. Will there be a formal ceremony each year to announce inductees?
- The Hall of Fame inductees will be announced during the Opening Ceremonies in October, with a very brief introduction in the Opening Ceremonies program and presentation of a bronze horse and jockey trophy.
To nominate an individual into The Big Fresno Fair Hall of Fame, please fill out this form by August 15
If you prefer to fill out a hard copy of this form, you can print one here
Mail it to: Attn: Board of Directors, The Big Fresno Fair, 1121 S. Chance Ave., Fresno, CA 93702
Fax it to: (559) 650- 3226, Attn: Board of Directors OR
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All nominations will be reviewed by The Big Fresno Fair Board of Directors and voted on in an open session meeting. Hall of Fame inductees will be formally announced at the Fair’s Opening Ceremonies in October.
The Big Fresno Hall of Fame is designed to honor individuals who have demonstrated longtime continued support and extraordinary passion for the betterment of the Fair.
The narrative below should be no more than 500 words and address why this individual should be inducted into The Big Fresno Fair Hall of Fame. If they are selected, this information will be used for the Opening Ceremonies Program, talking points and media communication.