DONATE BLOOD, SAVE A LIFE & GET BOGO FAIR ADMISSION!
The Big Fresno Fair and the Central California Blood Center are teaming up for the return of the 13th Annual "Pint for a Pass" Blood Drive August 29 – October 14! Donate blood during this timeframe at any Central California Blood Center or mobile drive and you’ll get BOGO Fair Admission for the 2023 Big Fresno Fair, plus be entered to win concert and horse racing tickets!
To find the nearest donor center location or mobile drive, click here.
Special Blood Drive Launch Event
Tuesday, August 29 | 5 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Commerce Building at the Fresno Fairgrounds
Come out to donate and get your BOGO Fair admission! Donors at this special launch event at the Fairgrounds will also be entered-to-win concert and horse racing tickets, with a drawing for winners done every hour! So, get there early to increase your chance to win! Plus, you’ll be treated to a free corn dog and kettle corn! Walk-ins will also be welcome.
UPDATE: OUR SPECIAL LAUNCH RESERVATION LIST IS FULL BUT DON'T WORRY! WALK-INS ARE WELCOME!
“PINT FOR A PASS” BLOOD DRIVE IMPACT
In 2022, the “Pint for a Pass” Blood Drive resulted in over 7,400 pints of blood being collected, which brings the 12-year total to more than 104,000 pints of blood collected! This blood had the potential to save up to 312,000 lives! That’s because each pint of blood has the potential to save up to three lives!
Thank you to those that continue to donate blood year-round - it is one of the most precious gifts!
“Blood is something that cannot be manufactured…it must be given, which is why blood drives like this are so critical,” said Arax Martirosian, Director of Marketing and Donor Recruitment, Central California Blood Center. “We never think blood won’t be there when we need it to save a life, maybe yours or someone you love – but the truth is if we don’t have donors, we don’t have blood.”
The Central California Blood Center provides blood and blood products to hospitals in Fresno, Tulare, Madera, Kings and Mariposa Counties and must collect between 5,000 to 6,000 pints of blood a month to meet the needs of our Valley community.
DONATING BLOOD – FACTS & TIPS
- Blood donation takes less than one hour to complete and donors can give blood once every eight weeks.
- Donors must be in good general health, weigh a minimum of 110 pounds and be at least 18 years old (16 or 17 years old with written parental consent).
- Senior citizens are encouraged to donate, as there is no upper age limit.
- If you got a new tattoo within the last twelve months, you can still donate! As long as it was done by state regulated entity that follows all mandated safety protocols!
- While all blood is needed and welcome, Type O blood is frequently in short supply and in high demand by hospitals. Why? Type O negative blood is the universal type needed for emergency transfusions.
- Type O and AB Negative are the rarest around the country with only 0.6% of people being carriers.
- Don’t know your blood type? The easiest way to find out is by donating blood! Visit www.donateblood.org for more information for a list of donor centers and mobile drives.