The Big Fresno Fair gladly provides space during the annual Big Fresno Fair for organizations to utilize the Free Speech Area. It is available on a first come, first served basis. All organizations utilizing the Free Speech Area must adhere to the guidelines below in order for the Fair to continue operating smoothly.
The Big Fresno Fair Management Team would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation.
A completed application must be on-file in the Exhibits Office prior to the Fair.
2020 Free Speech Zone Guidelines
Have questions? Please call the Main Office at (559) 650-3247.
- You must stop into the office to get your tickets two weeks before the Fair begins. You will pick them up at the ticket office outside of the Administration building on Chance Avenue.
- Please come to Gate 2 at least 1 hour before the Fair opens on your designated day. (View Fair hours here). You will park inside the gate, then you will come to the Vendor office in the Administration building; someone will then show you where you will be setting up.
- You and your organization are responsible for transporting your table, tent, materials, etc. to the Free Speech Area. After you are unloaded you must move your vehicle to the Fair employee parking on Maple and Butler avenues.
- You can use the Free Speech Area for no more than 2 days at a rate of $100 per day.
- No edible handouts (candy, etc.) are permitted.
- Raffles/drawings of any kind are not allowed.
- Tent, tables, chairs, etc. are not provided by the Fairgrounds.
- Animals are prohibited in or around your booth.
- ALL signs must be professionally made. NO HAND WRITTEN SIGNS ALLOWED.
- Someone must be in your booth for the entire time you are here and set up.
- Employees and volunteers must stay within the confines of the 10x10 Free Speech Area.
- You must provide proof of non-profit 501C3 status, pictures of your booth set up, and copies of any/all materials you will be displaying or handing out.
- Application needs to be complete and legible.
- There is a 3 hour minimum that you must be set up and in your booth.
- There is a maximum of 6 discounted vendor tickets available for purchase per day, each person you are purchasing a ticket for must work in your booth for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Your insurance needs to have the specific description that can be found with the application package. If you do not have insurance, you can purchase insurance from the Vendor Office for $22.00 per day.
- The dates and times are scheduled on a first come, first served basis and you will not be scheduled without a complete application including insurance requirements and proof of non-profit.
- Monday, October 12 is Seniors Day; the rate is $500 on this day only.